The Children's Advocacy Center of Collier County and The Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida offer free specialized group parenting classes to teach parents how to focus on their strengths and set appropriate expectations for their children.
The focus of the Partners in Parenting program is to strengthen family relationships and promote positive behaviors and lifestyles. The curriculum, Nurturing Parenting Program, authored by Dr. Stephen J. Bavolek, Ph.D. has proven to be an effective and successful parenting course. We are dedicated to being a resource and a partner to all individuals and groups who are concerned with supporting families in our community. We offer classes at the CAC and in locations throughout Collier County such as schools and daycare facilities. If you would like assistance developing a parenting program in your agency, school or community, please contact us.
Whether you’re the parent of an infant, toddler, or older child you’ll learn how to do the following:
- Manage your child’s behavior without spanking or yelling
- Learn effective communication skills
- Establish nurturing routines for meal times, bath times, bedtimes, chores, and homework
- Reduce sibling rivalry
- Gain a sense of personal power and feel good about yourself
- Enjoy your family and have fun together
- Classes meet once a week for 2 ˝ hours for 8 weeks
- Classes are currently offered in English and Spanish
- Parents and older children attend together, but meet separately with a trained facilitator
- Free child care is available for infants and toddlers
- At the conclusion of each session, a parent – child activity takes place to encourage positive interactions
|© Copyright All Rights Reserved|
Site Design and Programming by: Exploritech, Inc.
|Recommended by: |
|Main Office - 1036 Sixth Avenue North, Naples, FL 34102 - Ph: 239-263-8383 - Fax: 239-263-7931 - firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of the Children’s Advocacy Center to provide services to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability. No person shall be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of any service, nor be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability.
|If you suspect child abuse or neglect, please call